Is there a surgery to make nose tip shorter?

It's 4 month post my rhinoplasty , i am happy with the result but concern about the tip of my nose it actually appears to be too long for my face . what shall i do ? And when can i get nxt surgery ??

Nose too long

At 4 months your nose is still healing. The nasal tip may continue to refine to a point that you are satisfied. I typically recommend my patients to hold off on an revisions for about a year. At the point, the nose is pretty well healed and we have a better idea of what the "final result" appearance is. Hope this helps and best of luck. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Length after surgery

Thank you for your question.  I would discuss your concern with your surgeon, and follow up with him/her for a post-operative evaluation.  Even at 4 months out from surgery, it is still possible to have residual swelling depending on your skin type.  To answer your question, if your nasal tip is truly too long, then a revision surgery would be needed to correct this.  Be sure to consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. 

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Shorter

Follow up with your surgeon so that he can monitor your progress.  We are limited in our advice since there are no photos for comparison.  If revision surgery is needed, your surgeon may want to wait a year from surgery so that you are fully healed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD