Stretch marks removal - fractional laser.

Im planning to do co2 fractional lazer for stretch marks on my abdominal area after two pregnancies but i sill have to lose 10 more kilos..is it okay to do it know or i must wait to lose that weight?

Stretch marks after weight loss... treatment with co2 laser

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Definitively you want to loose your weight before your treatment. Remember that laser treatments improve the quality of the skin but not removed them fully. the only way to do that is to do a tummy tuck.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Thanks for your query. Stretch marks are for after sudden gain or loss of weight and it is very normal to get it after pregnancy. Losing weight will cause more stretch marks, so it is advisable to lose weight first and then go for co2 fractional laser or any treatment for stretch marks. In the mean time just apply retino a 0.025% on tha stretch mark area at night. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon