5 days post op Rhinoplasty, I have yellow drainage. Is this normal?

hello it has been 5 days since i had my rhinoplasty..i'm having much disgusting yellowish discharge from my nose..is it normal? does smiling affect my rhinoplasty result?

Nasal drainage following rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon to have some drainage from the nose following nasal surgery.  If the drainage is excessive and foul, you should see your surgeon for a full evaluation.  Smiling should not have an effect on the final results of a rhinoplasty surgery.  However, the upper lip is often quite swollen following rhinoplasty, and this may affect your smile.  Once the swelling subsides there should be nothing to worry about.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

DRAINAGE AFTER RHINOPLASTY

YES THE IS COMMON AND YOU WILL HAVE SOME DRAINAGE. IF SOMETHING DOESNT LOOK RIGHT OR THERE IS SMELL DEFINATELY CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR. AND THERE DEFINATELY WILL BE SOME SWELLING. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN

Elliot M. Heller, MD