What to do to reduce tip swollen at 5 month post rhinoplasty.

It's 5 and a half month since my rhinoplasty and the tip is still swollen i do have a small hump at the tip once i press a little inward its like empty (i feel it inflated!) What can i do at this point? Does tapping the tip help? Using ice ? Taking specific medication? Help!

Post operative swelling

It is common to have swelling up to 1 year after surgery so it is likely you will notice more improvement with time. Sometimes steroid injections can be helpful to speed the recovery. That being said, I suggest you visit with your surgeon as he/she may have suggestions to help with your particular situation.   

Swelling in tip after 5 months

Dear lovely2055,

• It would be good to see your surgeon to see if you can use steroid injections
  • They tend to reduce swelling and the thickness of the skin
  • If you have thicker skin before, expect to have swelling in your nose that will last even 12-18 months
  • Best,

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD