Is that purple color a week after my breast surgery a hematoma? (Photo)

I had breast augmentation on 23/9/2015 350cc and a lift on the left side. My left breast bled after surgery, the doctor drained it twice after surgery bug now ig has this purple color and is more swollen. He told me to wait and see. There is no pain but I'm worried. how much time will it need to resolve? And is a hematoma?

Is that purple color a week after my breast surgery a hematoma?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. I do not think it's an hematoma, check with your surgeon on your next appt, you will not have any problems if you take care well of your beautiful boobs, Hugs!

Bruising

You have retained blood into your soft tissues from the hematoma after surgery.  The hematoma was drained so I can only expect that you do not have any hematoma any more.  The bruising takes a few weeks to resolve.  This process should have minimal impact on your results.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Hematoma

Thank you for your question and photo. The best advice is to followup closely and regularly with your surgeon. However, this looks more like bruising under the skin as opposed to a true hematoma or large collection of organized blood around the implant. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Healing questions

Difficult to tell from the photo. It does look purple. It could be some blood within the tissues and not necessarily a hematoma just a bruise. Follow up with your PS. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS