I'm a man and I want to go for forearm hair reduction, not removal. Is it possible with laser?

Im a man and i wish to reduce the hair of my arms, im afraid to of patchy hair growth with laser. My question , is it possible to get homogeneous hair reduction with laser without totally removing all hair ?

You Can Reduce Forearm hair Growth

Yes you can use laser hair removal to reduce forearm hair. You can stop the treatments when your desired results are achieved. I suggest getting an in person consultation.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Yes you can reduce forearm hair growth

Several sessions of laser hair removal will facilitate reduction of hair growth - if you continue with sessions, you will realize a further reduction so you can stop when results are achieved.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Reduce Not Remove

You can use laser hair removal for a reduction in forearm hair. I suggest you get a formal consultation with an expert for the best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Reducing hair on arms without complete removal

This is possible, in fact likely for this area. I also imagine you have dark skin from the country you are in. Darker skin types need the 1064 YAG laser for treatment. Even a successful treatment is 75% hair loss.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser forearm hair removal

The best permanent hair removal is with "laser" techniques. Probably IPL or BBL treatments will decrease your hair density and the amount depends on the number of treatments. The evenness of the result is difficult to control but more predictable with the therapies mentioned. 

Seek a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon