I get rosacea acne. Will I suffer from this disease for my whole life?

Good times and bad days with rosacea- management guideline below.

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea. To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on.  A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of - 1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective 2. Creams - anti inflammatory 3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A.  4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens.  For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options.  Kind regards. Dr Davin S. Lim. Laser Dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Rosacea

When someone tells me they have acne, I explain that this is like saying you are talking to Johnson..so you need a first name to let us know just what you are describing. They are different, acne vulgaris and acne rosacea ( two most common brands of "acne"). No matter which one you have, you should understand that you can get treatment to manage and control these problems . They are not the same your whole life. Acne rosacea usually only affects adults and it does seem to endure. Treatments for this brand of acne are better than ever. Acne vulgaris may rise and fall but it is seen in all age groups . If you haven't gotten treatment that helps your acne, don't give up. Find a board certified dermatologist in your area that you are comfortable with.Be Well,Beverly A.Johnson MD,FAAD

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne and rosacea

acne and Rosacea are two separate skin conditions.  I would encourage you to see your dermatologist for treatment to stop your suffering.  The National Rosacea Society has a great website as does Breakupwithyourmakeup.   Stay skintastic. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist