4 wks post-op, FUE Hair Transplant. Could I have damaged my grafts when I rubbed my scalp? (photo)

The attached photo is after 4 weeks of FUE. After 2 weeks I take off the scabs by rubbing gently my scalp using Johnson oil before shower.But still I have black dots on my scalp and I heard that must be removing all scabs. After 3 weeks I began to rub my scalp to remove black dots which I thought were scabs. But I noticed that the black dots are small hair transplant with shell and no scabs. I want to know if I damaged my grafts because when I rubbed? some of transplanted hair has fallen out.

It would be unlikely that you would have damaged the grafts but if you are concerned it is best to follow up with

It would be unlikely that you would have damaged the grafts but if you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor since there is no way to tell on the Internet.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

1 month post op

at this point in time you should be resuming all normal activities. you should be showering and shampooing like normal. the transplanted hair starts to fall out around 2 weeks and can either all fall out or stay behind until the new hairs start growing in around the 4 month mark. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

4 weeks after a hair transplant

At 4 weeks after a hair transplant you should not be touching your recipient area as you might bring germs from your hands to your scalp

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon