I want bigger lips. Any suggestions? (photos)

Ok so my lips are like the picture with the thin lips But i want them to becom as full as the second pic (talking about fullness not shape...i know each lips have its own shape) Can this be done via fat transfer?? And will it look natural??

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question.

I do think you would be a good candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler. I ususally prefer a softer filler such as Restylane Silk. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend only getting treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Bigger Lips - Oh that pout

Hi Nour.M

Thanks for posting your question and adding your photo's. A few options for you, both temporary and permanent.

Lip fillers provide an effective temporary solution to help volumize your lips. Dermal filler injections add volume to the lips and typically last around 4-6 months. In some cases duration of the effects can be a bit shorter or longer. It would be best to start with these, to get a feel for how big you want to go. Then you may want to go on to a more permanent solution.

Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.

Make sure you do your research and find a qualified and experienced surgeon

Options to enhance lips

There are several options for a lip filler. The most common are the Hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Juvederm. They are temporary and can last anywhere from 8-12 months.
An option for a longer lasting alternative is fat grafting. The success of fat grafting lies in how much fat will live in the area that it is injected. This can be more unpredictable than dermal hyaluronic acid fillers. I would recommend a consultation to discuss your options.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question, nour.M. Fat transfer, injectibles and other procedures can provide fuller lips. Keep in mind that the most attractive lips are ones that work in concert with the features on your face rather than the ones that mimic those of a celebrity. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

You definitely have a lovely shape and can easily have lip augmentation.  Both Restylane and Juvederm would give you natural and beautiful results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question and photos! You seem to be a good candidate for lip augmentation. Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic based fillers that work well for lip enhancement. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon and/or certified nurse injector specialist.

German Newall, MD

Fuller Lips

Thank you for sharing your question. It appears that you are a great candidate for lip augmentation using hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. I strongly recommend starting with a temporary injectable option like HA fillers in order to gauge whether you like the appearance of enhanced lips. Although fat transfer in the area is possible, it is a more involved procedure with a more permanent result. I would recommend having your lips filled with a microcannula to minimize bruising.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I would recommend trying a temporary hyaluronic acid filler first such as Juvederm or Restylane. Fillers offer a natural looking and predictable outcome.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lips

You should start out with 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

I want bigger lips. Any suggestions?

Based on your photos I think you would be a great candidate for lip augmentation. What I might recommend as a first step is to use something that is not permanent.  HA fillers like Resytlane or Juvederm are excellent first choices.  If you don't like it they will dissipate.  If you like it..then you can try something more permanent sometime later. I hope this makes sense.  Good luck
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon