I had my hymenoplasty 6 days ago and I masturbated today. Does it affect the sutures?

I have had hymenoplasty 6 days ago and i masturbated today. Does it affect the sutures? And can i have again my intercourse 2 weeks after the surgery ?

Hymenoplasty

Thank you for your question.  Physical manipulation of the genitalia after hymenoplasty should be avoided to maximize one's results.

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

You may masturbate cautiously after hymenoplasty

After hymenoplasty, manipulation of the area around the vaginal opening should be avoided. Go no further down than the clitoris area and you should be OK.

Hymenoplasty and masturbation

I would not recommend you introduce anything into the vagina during masturbation which might ripe the repaired hymen and ruin the results. However, clitoral stimulation is okay to do and should not cause any problems.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Post op care

You definitely want to avoid penetrative sex of any type for at least 4 weeks. Gentle clitoral stimulation if it doesn't hurt is probably ok.  

Nathan Guerette, MD, FACOG
Richmond Urogynecologist