FUE operation 10 days ago, can I go on a hunting trip where i'll be exposed to hours of sunlight? (photos)

I did my FUE HT opreration 10 days ago and been told that 4,000 grafts was transplanted. Of course I'll wear a hat for the occasion.

Sun exposure after a FUE procedure

I recommend you limit sun exposure or a sun burn for the first 3 months after a procedure.  At this point, you do not have fun sensation in your scalp, therefore you may get a sun burn and not even know it.  Simply wear a hat and the hunting trip is acceptable.  Have fun, be safe.

Sun exposure after a FUE procedure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sunlight after FUE

Wear a loose hat and be careful when you're taking it off and putting it on, and a hunting trip should be fine. You could probably get away with just sunscreen too assuming all your scabs are off, but a hat would definitely be the safer choice.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sunlight after FUE

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE operation 10 days ago, can I go on a hunting trip where i'll be exposed to hours of sunlight?

It is not Advisable to expose your fresh hair transplant to long hours of sun exposure. A sunburn could potentially harm the grafts. Simply wear a hat or buy some sunblock spray. After about 3 months you should be ok!

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   If you are worried about the sun, then wear a hat.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE 10 days ago

Yes, you should be fine to go hunting, definitely wear a hat and protect your transplanted area from the sun, for at least the next 3 months. If you are unable to wear a hat, then definitely sunscreen to the area, and reapply! 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

FUE 10 days ago

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Can I use hat after 10 days

In my practice after hair transplant surgery I give my patients a special hat to cover their head when they are outdoors. It is a light and comfortable hat  without making pressure on the recipient area. On the other hand after  10 days your new transplanted grafts became secure . Wearing a hat will not damage your grafts. All the best 

Can I use hat after 10 days

FUE 10 days ago

You can go on a trip provided that you wear a hat. That would be my recommendation.  Good luck

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE 10 days ago

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon