FUE operation 10 days ago, can I go on a hunting trip where i'll be exposed to hours of sunlight? (photos)

I did my FUE HT opreration 10 days ago and been told that 4,000 grafts was transplanted. Of course I'll wear a hat for the occasion.

Sun exposure after a FUE procedure

I recommend you limit sun exposure or a sun burn for the first 3 months after a procedure.  At this point, you do not have fun sensation in your scalp, therefore you may get a sun burn and not even know it.  Simply wear a hat and the hunting trip is acceptable.  Have fun, be safe.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   If you are worried about the sun, then wear a hat.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE 10 days ago

Yes, you should be fine to go hunting, definitely wear a hat and protect your transplanted area from the sun, for at least the next 3 months. If you are unable to wear a hat, then definitely sunscreen to the area, and reapply! 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Can I use hat after 10 days

In my practice after hair transplant surgery I give my patients a special hat to cover their head when they are outdoors. It is a light and comfortable hat  without making pressure on the recipient area. On the other hand after  10 days your new transplanted grafts became secure . Wearing a hat will not damage your grafts. All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

FUE 10 days ago

You can go on a trip provided that you wear a hat. That would be my recommendation.  Good luck

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon