Please can you advice me what I should do if I want to remove the flowers and the roots? how much would it cost? (photos)

I had this tattoo on my arm since March 2014. I did 4 Nd YAG sessions treatment 2 months after I had it; but nothing has changed obviously because it was too early. Would I be able to remove it permanently? What would you advise, which type of laser?

Laser Tattoo removal

Thanks for your question. It can easily take 8 to 12 treatments to remove a professionally done tattoo. A q-switch Nd YAG makes sense for this tattoo but the lighter colors require the 532nm wavelength (treats red, pink, orange and yellow) in addition to the 1064nm wavelength (covers black, purple, brown, dark blue and dark green). The ruby laser wavelength of 694 nm is perfect for removing blues and greens as well as their shades of teal, turquoise, lime green that would be difficult to remove with an Nd:YAG laser alone.
In addition to treating these rarer tattoo colors, the 694 wavelength is also exceptional at removing resistant black inks.
Your best bet is to go to a center that has more than one laser/wavelength available. The 532 nm wavelength will likely be best for the bright yellow, but that will be your most difficult color to remove entirely.
The fact that you had the initially sessions done soon after the tattoo was placed is not an issue- removal can begin as soon as the skin has healed from the tattoo procedure. I do not think that that affected your results.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Pico Lasers

Thank you for your question. My preference for laser tattoo removal is removal with Pico technology. The PiQo4 laser has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 sessions on average. I have been practicing tattoo removal for 20 years and have 5 Pico wavelengths. They are faster and safer then older laser systems.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon