I'm 45 yrs old and I have white skin. Is it ok to use the fraxel for melasma in summer?

My dr is a Harvard graduate . I use sunblock 50 spf daily

Fraxel for Melasma

It should be OK, as long as you practice strict sun avoidance 1 week before and 2 weeks after your treatment. You definitely should consult a board-certified dermatologist before your Fraxel® laser treatment who can evaluate your risk by seeing you. 

Miami Dermatologist

Fraxel and melasma

Fraxel is a wonderful laser for treating sun damage.  You need to stay completely out of the sun during and after the laser treatments.  I often treat Melasma with Cosmelan with really outstanding results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best results.