Silikon Injection Problems Years Later?

Is there anyone who developed problems years later? Professor Peter Hutt and Tamara Tilleman,MD wrote in 2005 .." silicone became notorious for devastating results. FDA considers silicone injections dangerous, but legal loophole - arising from approval of Silikon 1000) for treating detached retinas has resulted this being legal since 1994. FDA law allows doctors to administer "legally marketed device to patients, so doctors may inject silicone off-label use." I was looking for permanent results & for $750, this was not only a huge disappointment; but now I'm wondering if I have to worry about future lumps, migration and nodules?

Silicone injections generates complications

Regards, 

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you look around on th Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. The use for lips and other areas is off label. The inical use is for retine problems.

The liquid silicone used for the treatment of retinal detachment is used by doctors whose use has been approved but is not approved for use elsewhere in the body, since problems can occur up to 60 years after its application, not necessarily immediately, so yes nodules can appear, and yes they can generate serious complications and represent high risks to your health.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards, 

Treatment of silicone and silikon nodules

I see a lot of silicone nodules and inflammatory lumps after injection.  This is primarily why I do not inject silicone as a soft tissue filler.  There are many options for silicone injection nodules that I have found work. 

Silicone injections

Silicone injections are being done by some phsicians. It is a permanent product and may cause granulomas, or visibility of the product under the skin. It is almost impossible to remove completely if there is a problem.

Silicone injections