I'm post op 12 days. Still major swelling on one side. How long will this last or will Dr. go back in to relieve fluid?

Breast reduction recovery

Thanks for your question. It is normal, even at 12 days, to have swelling. It is also not uncommon to have one side that heals quicker than the other. It is possible that you may have some fluid building up under the skin on one side, and you should see your surgeon about that. Often times, that fluid will eventually find its way out on its own by leaking through the lower incision. If that occurs, use absorptive dressings and let the office know. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your reduction!  Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer advice, but if this swelling has worsened since surgery, or you are having any new symptoms I would recommend that you see your surgeon for an in-person examination.  They can ensure that it is only tissue swelling and not an issue that would require treatment such as a discrete fluid collection.