Major fat loss from Ultherapy 5 months ago. (Photo)

Please tell me the protocal for fat loss due To ultherapy? Everyday my face is collapsing! The jaw line is the worst, the lines are now thick creases of melted fat that spread. My face is eating itself alive.when will melting Stop? You can make a thumb print on my Face as it has turned to silly putty. I was told This preserved your looks not destroy it.I need advice. I also was given almost 3 times The amount of lines I should of had. At least Through my knowledge and investigation.

Ultherapy question

It is important to return to the office where you received the Ultherapy treatment and have them look at the before and after photo's with you.  We haven't had patient's complaining of fat loss from Ultherapy.  If you have had some issues with skin laxity or feel you've lost fat in your face or neck, your doctor should be able to address options for fillers, Sculptra or other treatments they prefer.  Best wishes and thank you for your question.

Ultherapy does not melt fat

Ultherapy does not cause fat loss.  Ultherapy can target three different depths: the Dermis (deeper skin), deep Connective tissue (Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System-SMAS) and Muscle. The Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System (SMAS) is located below the fat and is a strong tissue that envelops the face. It is made up of collagen, elastic fibers, muscle fibers and fat cells. The ultrasound energy produced during an Ulthera treatment, precisely and consistently heats the targeted tissue to 60-70 degrees centigrade, which is the optimal temperature for contraction and denaturation of collagen.  We do hundreds of cases of Ultherapy a month and have never seen fat loss.  It would be helpful to see a standardized before and after photo.  I'm sorry for your frustration.  I always recommend you talk with your practioner and review your photos and results.  Good Luck. 

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ultherapy is focused ultrasound that is used at different depths to help wrinkles and skin tightening and does not "melt fat". I have never seen a bad outcome from ultherapy in my hands. Do you have before and after photos? I suggest consulting with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.