Is a bright red rash in injection area normal? (Photo)

This picute is from day two after restalyne injection in nasal folds and marionette lines. I am swollen but worse, I have a bright red rash on both sides. Is this normal? Should I take benedryl? Apply cortisone to the area? I have neen using arnica gel, arnica tabs and taking bromelein and tylenol for the burning feeling.

Red Rash after Injections and Allergy

It appears that you have a contact dermatitis to one of the products that you have been using in that area.  Please discontinue all topicals and start a hydrocortisone cream to the affected area and follow up with your dermatologist to ascertain the cause of the allergy.  Best, Dr. Green

Rash after filler

Thank you for your question.  This could be due to the filler, have you ever had filler previously?  Any problems?  However it could also be a contact dermatitis secondary to topical numbing if that was used.  I'd take some Benadryl and apply some HC 1% OTC Cream and follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for proper in person evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon