Should my drains be still wine color after 2wks post surgery?

I had a BA w lift, lipo arms &bra line lift 2week ago with some complications after surgery. I was rushed to the Emergency after being released from surgery , I needed 8 bags of blood for transfusion and stayed under ICU for 4 days before being released. I'm home and feeling much better however the last 14 days, my right drains 75 to 20 with a yellowish/ red color vs left side 75 to 50 a wine color. I am concerned that the fluid was supposed to get lighter in color and less in drainage?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Breast Lift with Implants - Complications and Drains

Thank you for your question about recovery from breast lift with implants. I'm very sorry you have had any complications from elective cosmetic surgery.

Pictures may or may not be helpful.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery in general, it is best to speak directly with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many differing opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you. Nobody should know you or your unique set of circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second opinion and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation with a thorough evaluation, including a review of your history, review of all prior treatment and with a physical examination.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Drains and blood color

Sorry to hear about your issues. More information would be needed. With your complicated history, you shoudl review with your surgeon.