Do my breasts sag? What type are they? Do I need surgery? (photos)

It seems they aren't full on top, are too far apart & my nipples point to the sides. I'm very self conscious about them and don't even like getting undressed in front of my husband. They changed after the birth/breastfeeding of my 4th child who is now 11 months old & has been weaned for 7 months.

Breast sag question

Hello
thank you for the photos and the question. Based on the images, it does look like you have some degree of sagging or ptosis. 

The nipple position is wide also. however, wide placed nipples are normal, and look more normal than nipples are too close together ( cross eyed) 

You would need an in person consultation to go over your options, but I would suggest you consider:
1. implants alone
2. implants with a small nipple lift position correction

Both are good options for you as long as you are healthy, don't smoke, and are not planning on having more children. 

You should factor about a week off of work and a month out of the gym. 

Best to you. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Hi Mel,
Please see the excellent answer below by Dr. Yang.  I agree. You might want to consider implants, but you could always just have a lift.  There are various patterns.  Be sure to see a BC PS.  I posted a link to some pictures of breast lifts.  All the best, Dr. Joe

Do my breasts sag? What type are they? Do I need surgery? (

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is very difficult to tell from the photos you have provided if a breast lift would be necessary to achieve the best result.  An augmentation appears to be a possibility though, which would improve the volume and upper pole fullness of your breasts.  Please be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Do my breasts sag? What type are they? Do I need surgery?

You have normal breasts for a person who has had children. After pregnancy the breast gland atrophies and the breast sags. If you want to increase fullness above the nipple you may need a combination breast lift and implants. However you look very normal and feminine now and I would not consider surgery unless you are convinced you want more fullness and are willing to have scars. Please  read below:

Breast lift

If you are overall happy with the volume, then you might desire a breast lift. If you want more volume then you will need to add implants.

Thank you for your question.  As a result of your multiple childbirths and breastfeeding, your breasts have lost some volume and appear more deflated with some sagging.  A good option to consider would be breast implants to increase volume and provide some upper pole fullness combined with a limited extent mastopexy (breast lift) to tighten the skin, address asymmetries and make the breasts perkier.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breasts changed after babies and breast feeding

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

• I hope all is well with your  four children! 
  • Your breasts have lost volume and appear to have sagged from babies and breast feeding.
  • You are likely to need a breast lift and possibly an implant as well. 
  • See a plastic surgeon for an examination and to discuss the look you want -
  • If you happen to have photos of yourself before the babies - they can help your surgeon understand the changes that occurred.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I don't know that I woudl call it sagging...

Your breasts just have been deflated which is very common after pregnancies and breast feeding.  You can restore the volume up top with an implant that accomplishes your goals.  As far as your nipples go, some women just have nipples that are more lateral on their breasts than others.  With the wrong style implant and pocket dissection, that may get worse with implants.  Lifting a nipple when it's too low is much easier than moving a nipple from side to side though.  There are some techniques that can be applied to try and move them more medially (closer to midline), but that position change may fight with the implant that is forcing them outwards.  That's why it is VERY important to choose the right implant that a nipple reposition won't be competing against.  Hope this helps.

-JGH