Results after only 40 minutes of Coolsculpting?

Had coolsculpting done on my upper arms. Right arm ran the full 60 minutes, but the left arm only ran 40 minutes because the gel pad sucked into the suction cup. Can I expect to see any results on my left arm? How uneven should I expect my results to be? Also, If I decide to have lipo to fix asymmetrical results, how long do I need to wait? The office I had procedure done was less than helpful in answering my questions and obvious concerns so any advice on what to do next would be appreciated

40 minutes of Cool Sculpting

Renee, If the machine had an error at 40 minutes they should have retreated that area fully at that time. At this time I would wait and see how you look at the 3 month mark. Honestly they should do the next cool sculpt to that arm for free next time. In my practice my RN's first of all would have known to retreat that area immediately and secondly would have educated you on what was going on. You should maybe ask for their clinical manager and make sure you either get refunded for the cycle that was not completed (bc you may not want to go back there) or set up conversation for what to do moving forward if you want to stay at that practice. Best of Luck. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Treatment Time and Results

If the treatment did not run at least 50 minutes, then the protocol is to re-treat the area immediately following the treatment.  It is hard to say whether or not you will be asymmetrical, so it is best to wait the full 3 months before doing anything else to the area.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Results

I would wait a full 3 months before assessing with photos to see the efficacy of one side as compared to the other.  Worse comes to worse, you will retreat.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Results

It is quite possible you may still achieve a symmetrical result even with only 40 minutes of exposure. I recommend waiting 8-12 weeks to assess the CoolSculpting results and proceed with further treatment (if necessary) after the 3 month mark. Best of luck!  

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Results after only 40 minutes of CoolSculpting

Thank you for your question. You may have some asymmetry. It would take 9-12 weeks to see the full result. If you feel that there is asymmetry, you can try to speak to your chosen provider to see if they can provide you with any helpful options. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting after 40 minutes

Hi,  If you were symmetric before the procedure, then you may see some asymmetry after waiting the typical 3-5 months.  If you do see any difference, then you should just talk to your surgeon about an additional treatment.  The best suggestions come after the waiting period.  Do not think that you are going to be horribly different with the times being different for the applicators.  I am not sure why this was not addressed at the time of the treatment.  It might have been better to continue the treatment for 20 minutes with a different gel pad and see how that would develop.    Good luck with it all.   It is unfortunate that you did not get satisfaction from the treating office.

Coolsculpting results are proportionate to time of treatment

I have added a link that could be helpful...

Hi.  Yes, you may have a slightly less correction on the left arm.  If it is noticeable to you after 4-6 months, then another treatment CS cycle or localized liposuction should be able to fix it.  A lot depends upon what your starting examination was. There are new applicators that run for 35 minutes and smaller applicators that can be used on focal deposists, so you have some other options. Be sure to consult with a CS specialist certified through Coolsculpting University, the additional training provided by the manufacturer.  Good luck,

CoolSculpting and Results

The results of coolsculpting are based on a full treatment protocol. You will get less outcome given you did not complete the cycle. Optimal results can be seen at 2-3 months. I discussed on another question of yours waiting approximately 4 months before undergoing liposuction. Best, Dr. Emer.

Different treatment times

You won't be able to see the complete results from today's treatment for up to 3 months.  If you were symmetric to begin with, you may notice very little, if any asymmetry after your treatment.  You may very well have gotten a sufficient treatment with only 40 minutes, if not, there is no reason you could try another treatment on that arm prior to exploring surgical correction.   For the immediate future, try not to worry.  If you start to notice a significant difference between your left and right arms contact the office that treated you to find out what they recommend.Good luck!

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting treatment. 40 minutes may be sufficient

the first 50 minutes are typically the cooling phase. The last 10 minutes tend to be the massage. You may still see an improvement but may have to wait 2 to 4 months before you can say there are differences. With each treatment, you can expect up to a 25 percent reduction but often times a second treatment is required for optimal results. I would contact your provider to see if they are willing to work with you. 
All the best

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician