Am I a good candidate for porcelain veneers? (Photos)

Hi, I really hate my smile and I have the opportunity to start modeling and would love to fix my gap and slight overbite as soon as possible. I've been reading around and some people who have gaps have been able to fix it through veneers. So I just want to know if I might a good candidate. Also, I do have a cavity. Do I need to get it fixed first before doing veneers?

Options to close gap #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Porcelain veneers and orthodontic treatment are both excellent options for patients with diastema (space between teeth).  I would recommend seeing an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine your options. Always look at before and after photos when selecting your dentist. They will give you a pretty good indication about what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Makeover

the must important thing to understand here, is that you want  a change ,and needs to be done with veneers or crowns , but this will be determined by the expert. a complete smile analysis needs to be done, and also the overbite needs to be considered, you can make a big change with different techniques, and procedures, this will make the big difference, and you will love your smile, shape, size and even color can be changed.

No veneers

no, u r not a good candidate for veneers. as u have 4mm spacing in midline and proclined anterior teeth. best option for u is aligners / braces treatment later frenectomy to prevent relapse with permanent retainer.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Your case

Many diasthemas may be solved only with veneers, as a mask, but in your case the gap is just too big, and would be impossible to do a tooth that wide to cover the space. You need to put braces on first to correct the misalignments and the overbite, after that you can get the porcelain veneers and they should look perfect!

Javier Galvá, DDS, MSc
Dominican Republic Dentist