4 weeks post op BA looks like "double boob". Should I be worried? (Photo)

I had 440 gummy bear implants placed under muscle 4 weeks ago. I started to notice it look like a double boob effect. Is this normal or something I should be worried about?

Early in healing

At 4 weeks there is still time for considerable change in the look of the bottom of your breast. I would follow the instructions of your surgeon for stretching, massage, and choice of garments. Good luck with your recovery.

4 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (4 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

4 week post op

At 4 weeks post op it is too early to know what the final results will look like however, based on the photos submitted, your tissues may need more time to settle and accommodate the new implant. You will be able to see final results in approximately 6-12 months post operatively. Your concerns of "double boob" also known as double bubble can be addressed during your follow-up visits with your surgeon. Hope this helps. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks post op BA looks like "double boob". Should I be worried?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. It appears that your lower breast tissues need additional time to stretch so that they can relax over your new implants.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Communicate breast concerns with your surgeon

It is important to communicate any questions and concerns regarding your breast surgery with your board certified plastic surgeon. Your surgeon will want to know if your have concerns so that these can be addressed. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

BA looks like "double boob".

What you describe we often call a double bubble in that the breast looks to be sitting on top of the implant rather the the implant fitting within the breast. The skin envelope might take time to relax and blend with the implant so keep in touch with your surgeon as you heal.

Post ba

Its difficult to tell just based on those pictures, but it seems unlikely.  You are quite early post op and should follow up with your surgeon for assessment and any intervention.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

Right now you are only one month out,  Give it more time to heal and see how they look in a few months.

Be patient

After breast augmentation, you may experience some period of breast deformity.  Most of these will resolve.  I would go and see you surgeon for reassurance.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS