3 months post op will I improve or do I need something done. How can this look better? (photo)

I am 48 had 1 child with no strech marks at age 30. I hated my pouch and had lipo on flanks abdominal on 12/11/2015 . Started exercising 1 month had swelling and Doctor said to pat areas and only light walking. I really hate how it looks . Am I still swollen or is this fat. Extra skin?Why do I have the wierd look around belly Botton. I had two liters removed.does look better with cloths on but without worse with difugurment:(

3 months post op will I improve or do I need something done. How can this look better?

If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Preparation :

Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy; VASER HI DEF Revision

you may need revision with a hi definition procedure, but I suggset seeing an expert for teratment.  Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction ripples, extra skin after lipo

Hi Joeamy,

Thanks for your question. You basically are about three months out after your liposuction. This is about the time period were we expect your results to be close to what you should expect to see. It looks like you have some ripples that could be due to extra skin or scar retraction. I am not sure if you had ultrasound or laser liposuction which was at times cause unwanted extra skin retraction. You may still have some swelling. It some cases it takes longer than 9 months to see the final results but that is not the norm. The look around your belly button seems to be what we call a donut where not enough fat was removed or it may just be loose skin. It is nearly impossible to tell from just a photo.

I have seen patients like you often when surgery is done by providers with minimal experience and even those with decades of experience. The scar process can be unpredictable at times. Also if you started swelling at one month then body was not healed enough and if you also developed fluid pockets you have developed small seromas. These could have been drained.

Talk with your plastic surgeon and explain your concerns. They would be best suited to address your post operative concerns. However, know that it can be corrected if this is your final outcome.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Carlos Mata M.D.

Three months too early to make a final judgment about liposuction.

With a previous pregnancy surplus skin might create some unwanted contour issues. At three months it's too early to tell.

3 Months Post Liposuction

From just looking at your pictures alone and not seeing you in person, it looks as though you still have quite a bit of swelling. This can last for several more months. Usually by now, I advise my patients to be doing some self massage to the areas that still seem kind of stiff and possibly lumpy to break it up. It also helps to purchase a trim size paint roller to use to roll the area. I hope this helps. good luck

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

3 months post liposuction

At 3 months post liposuction, you are likely still swollen and it can take some time for the swelling to subside. Be patient with your results.

Liposuction - Unhappy with results. What do I do?

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with your results. I would begin with daily massage of the affected areas. Radiofrequency based devices also have some benefit in correcting irregularities. The third option is performing additional liposuction with precision fat grafting to the depressed areas. Please meet with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience treating similar cases. Hope this helps.

Irregularities after Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question, and for providing the pictures.

If you are unhappy with your result, you may be a candidate for revision liposuction or energy-based treatments to smooth out your stomach.  Either way, I recommend waiting 6 months postoperatively to allow all the swelling and scar tissue to settle and soften.  For now, continue to follow closely with your surgeon and follow their recommendations.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Liposuction Concerns

It is still too early in your postoperative journey to be certain if you need revision. Swelling contributing to your appearance. Allow 3 months to pass then check in with your surgeon. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

A % of liposuction in post pregnancy patients has irregularities as an outcome. Either a surgical TT or non surgical tx are needed. I recommend Thermi 250 RF sessions (10) could help. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>