Is this hematoma? (photos)

I got my BA one week ago, 5 days later i got brusing on both sides. I called my surgeon and he told me this was normal without checking my bruises. He also told me that hematoma occurs 1-2 days after surgery, but reading online i find out that it can occur later? Can the bruises come from my support bra? It was extremly tight and i had to buy a new one with 2 sizes bigger as i bought the wrong size the first time. Its very swollen and hard/painfull to touch.

Is this hematoma? (photos)

The bruising as seen on the photos as well as your history suggest that this is not a hematoma which usually( but not always ) occurs earlier. It is also usually accompanied by pain and tightness. I would suggest following up with your PS. Good luck!

Is this hematoma after breast implants?

It is impossible to accurately answer your question without an in person examination.  The signs of hematoma or pain, swelling and extreme feeling of tightness.  I suggested June system being examined by your plastic surgeon.  Bruises that she show however can occur without a hematoma.

Is this hematoma?

Nothing replaces in-person evaluation but the photographs are most consistent with bruising, not hematoma.    However, your description of "very swollen" is concerning; best to follow up with your plastic surgeon.   Best wishes.

Without an exam in person, it is impossible to say if you have a hematoma or not. Best to see your surgeon if concerned.

It is impossible to determine if you have a hematoma based on the pictures you have provided. Bruising after breast augmentation is possible but not very common. It is important that you been seen by your plastic surgeon to make sure there is no hematoma. Hematomas do typically occur 1-2 days after surgery, but can be possible after this time. As long as you are examined by your surgeon soon, this will answer the question of whether there is a hematoma that can just closely be followed or requires surgery to evacuate.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Is this hematoma?

Your photos show us a picture of bruising on the skin, but we cannot make a diagnosis, and the best way to know things are right is with a quick visit with your surgeon so have can have a look.

It looks more like a bruise then a hematoma. It is quite common to have some bruising to come up as there typically is local anesthetic injected along that boarder which can le to the bruise showing up later. Again the best thing would be to check in with your surgeon. Best of luck.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Needs an exam

The photos look more like a bruise than a hematoma.  Best to keep following up with your doctor till this clears.

this does not look like a hematoma per se but the only way to know is from a direct exam. The photos don't show the entire breast etc. 

hematomas can occur later than 5 days as well but are more common in the first 24-48 hours. 

Check in w your surgeon and good luck

Bruise or hematoma after breast implant

Thanks for your question. It's really impossible to say based on these photos, but ith looks more like a bruise. It's possible to get hematoma on both sides but very unlikely. A breast with hematoma is usually twice the size of the other and exquisitely painful. Best to see your PS in person to be evaluated.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon