Silicone implants 325cc. Will this be "ample"? What profile? I have little body fat 18% or less, should I go with high profile?

Will 325cc be enough! ?! I like full rounded breasts . I'm 54 yrs old. The last thing I want are small and flatten breasts. I have lean build, but broad shoulders. Which profile is best. Currently I am 34C, having lift with silicone implants . My dimensions are: 25/9/13.5, I'm 5'3 120pounds

Implant size

Choosing the right size, shape and placement of implant depends on any number of factors all of which require an in person exam. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the right option for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Will 325cc be enough?

In recommending implant size, I consider my patients' anatomy (chest height, weight, shape, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. Please share your "wish" photos with your plastic surgeon. After examining your body and understanding your goal, your plastic surgeon will make a recommendation.
Implants come in different type (saline, silicone), shape (anatomic, round), volume, and profile. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Dr. Kim

Breast implant results

You'll need to have a consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to have measurements taken, so that a proper recommendation can be made.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Size choice

Thank you for your question. ideal volume and size of implant is different for each, individual person. Your Plastic Surgeon will use your measurements as well as skin quality, breast tissue and other factors to consider an ideal implant size for you. There may be a larger/more projecting implant which fits you but you will need to ask your Plastic Surgeon for that information based on your whole picture.

All the best!

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implant choice

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what implant is right for you.  It can not be done without an exam. 

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breastdimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 34 C-D and a 38 C-D are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

The best way to answer the implant size question is during the consultation. There are many considerations but ultimately its comes down to the way you want to look.
Like you, most all patients have some idea of the way they want to look. That needs to be transferred to the plastic surgeon's brain. The Plastic Surgeon then has to determine how to get that look.
I find that a great way to determine the right size implants are as follows.
1.Have the patient try on the implants in a stretch bra with a clingy top to obtain the look they want. The Mentor sizing system is great for this
2.Have the patient show the doctor pictures of how they want to look
3. Use the Vectra 3D imaging system for simulation
4.The surgeon should be able to put that information together to determine a general grouping of implant sizes and styles. He will consider the size of the breast and the chest in his analysis. He should also tell you the positives and negatives of going larger or smaller.
5. I also will encourage the patient to take home implants and wear them around the house so they start getting used to them
6. I also encourage patients to choose the larger size if they are stuck between two sizes. The reasoning behind this is that almost all patients will say they could have gone bigger. What you don't want to say is, "I should have gone bigger."
Given all of these measures, you may find that you cannot get the look you are trying to achieve at all or only through more than one procedure. An experienced plastic surgeon should be able to let you know what is possible and what is not possible given your present situation.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

What size implants

My advice is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that has a VEctra 3D platform that can show you on your image what each size and shape of implant will do for you. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Hi, thanks for your question. It is difficult to give a right opinion without seeing some pictures from you. I recommend you to show some image for we get some orientation. Good luck!

Dr. Manuel Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD