Man boobs are still present clearly? (Photo)

I went for lipo surgery as per doctor recommendation for my gynecomastia, however doesn't seem the surgery was correctly ? Will i need to undergo another surgery to remove the gland beneath the chest fat? If i squeeze my chest , i do find an hard substance indicating gynecomastia. Need help

About the Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques & Revisions

There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and re-positioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Gland excision

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is likely that you had liposuction alone based on your photos and description.  This means that there was no gland excision, which will need to be done to complete your result.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the question and photos and if you had glandular tissue at the time of your first operation then excision should have been done and will need to be done now.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia

Sometimes liposuction is not enough.  Glandular tissue may have to be directly excised as well. Best of luck.

Gynecomastia Result

I am unclear how far post op you are.  It takes a solid 3-4 months for the swelling to resolve.  Photos can not accurately assess whether there is glandular tissue present so your surgeon should re-examine you.  I rarely, if ever, perform liposuction alone for gynecomastia as I cannot effectively remove glandular tissue and almost everyone I see has dense tissue requiring direct excision.

Steven Holzman, MD

Man boobs are still present clearly?

You should talk to your Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and see how much of the tissue is glands versus fat. Liposuction alone does not remove the glands that are present in Gynecomastia. You will need to undergo an excision of the glands for their complete removal. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Man boobs are still present clearly?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  It is not clear in your photograph that you have retained glandular tissue, an in-person examination is best for this, but it is possible that with liposuction alone that you have retained glandular tissue that may need to be removed in a separate procedure.  Voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to help advise you.

Liposuction of the chest didn't correct man boobs

Thank you for asking about your male breast liposuction.

• Not knowing when your surgery was done, it is hard to advise you.
  • If it was done in the past 6 weeks, then you may be swollen.
  • You should not consider a revision for 6 months.
  • Every case is different but if only liposuction was done, you are correct - some of the gland may need to be removed in a separate procedure.
  • Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon - or see one now if your surgeon is not fully trained in plastic surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD