I'm looking into a lower facelift and v-y lip enhancement surgery in Connecticut. Any suggestions? (photos)

I've been reading and reading but haven' found anyone experienced with both.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

How to Find the Most Qualified Plastic Surgeon

You are correct to ask this question. The most critical decision to be made in achieving the best plastic surgical result is picking the most experienced and talented, that is the best, plastic surgeon possible. Too often, patients choose a physician based on a catchy ad, the brand name of a technique, the basis of one or two before and after photos, or their web site’s search engine ranking. These criteria will not find the most experienced and talented plastic surgeon. The following link lists my screening guidelines and criteria for picking the best plastic/cosmetic surgeon. Good luck on your search to find Dr. Right

I'm looking into a lower facelift and v-y lip enhancement surgery in Connecticut

A good place to start is with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to locate highly experienced surgeons in your area.  These procedures are not uncommon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lip enhancement and face lift

Reality is that lip enhancement should be a part of every facial rejeuvenation. You need a comprehensive analysis to determine what can best be done to give you long term enhancement. A Facelift  / Z-lift with SMAS will give you long term lift of nasolabial folds, jowls and Neck. The lips can be enhanced with endogenous adipose tissue, Restylane-Silk or Juvederm. Special blunt cannulas for enhancement of the lip to minimize bruising is best used. You are right to seek out someone who is an ASAPS board certified plastic surgeon. Note reference to just one of my patients before and after photos.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Looking into a lower facelift and v-y lip enhancement surgery

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts. Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

"Jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face. I have performed many V to Y advancement flaps for lip augmentation which should be used to locally adjust the asymmetry of the lip.  For Lip Augmentation either a dermal filler or a Permalip lip implants (permanent enhancement) will offer better results.

Hope this helps.