I'm 11 days post op. 280cc sillicon high profile over the muscle. When can I start yoga again?

Yoga

It is too early for you to begin yoga. Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise on resuming strenuous exercise. As a general rule we advise 6-8 weeks before resuming such activities.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Yoga

Yoga counts as a fairly strenous activity depending on the type and will usually involve a lot of pec work so usually 6 weeks

Breast augmentation - when to return to yoga?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Generally I recommend that patients not try yoga for 4 - 6 weeks after a breast augmentation. But I am not your surgeon - so contact your surgeon and find out what s/he thinks is best for you. Hope all is healing well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast augmentation

It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best and every surgeon has a slightly different post-operative protocol. I personally don’t recommend my patients engaging in any activities that include weight bearing or resistance before 6 weeks. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

11 days post op

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I'm 11 days post op. 280cc sillicon high profile over the muscle. When can I start yoga again

Thank you for the question. It is depending on your surgeon and your healing progress. So please talk to your PS for guidance.

Highly dependent on your surgeon

This is a question only your surgeon can answer. While some PS will let you start back to the gym after 2-3 weeks and progress to full activity at 4-6, others will tell you to never do certain exercises again

Activity and augmentation

I prefer that patients wait about 3-4 weeks before starting light aerobics, and 6-8 weeks for heavy lifting and push-up activity.  Best to ask your doc.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared to perform lifting > 10 pounds 4 - 6 weeks following breast augmentation. You may return to walking and light lifting sooner, but would not perform any strenuous activity without clearance from your surgeon. It is best to have an in-person follow up examination for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing. Good luck with your recovery.

I'm 11 days post op. 280cc silicone HP over the muscle. When can I start yoga again?

Thank you for sharing your question.  As your implants have been placed beneath your gland and above your muscle you should be able to return to yoga 4-6 weeks after surgery. It is always best to clear any new activity with your surgeon as they know the full details of your procedure.