I had a BBL about 6 weeks ago, I was really happy with the results but my but is shrinking. Is this normal?

Brazilian But Lift is normal that it gets smaller

Buttocks shrinking 6 weeks after Brazilian Butt Lift

It is normal to have the swelling resolve a lot by 6 weeks after surgery. This may continue a bit for a few more weeks, but much of it has likely already occurred. Some fat resorption may also occur, as 100% of the injected fat will not survive.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Thank you for your question, after the Brazilian butt lift you must consider the fact that you will be swollen, as the weeks go by the swelling will reduce as your body shows its actual results, we also need to considerate that a 3% of the fat may reabsorb, so the size of your buttocks will not stay the same as the first couple of days after surgery. However if you take care of your results the way your Doctor instructs you may keep most to all of the fat transferred.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Hello, thank you for your question.

We estimate that approximately 60% of the fat we inject stays... so at this point together with a decrease in the swelling a some fat absorption, it does make sense that you are noticing a difference.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Shrinking Butt

At 6 weeks swelling from surgery and possibly some fat absorption is occurring. Usually be this point, most of the swelling subsides.