Transaxillary incision still looks abnormal. (Photos)

It is almost a month after breast augmentation through the armpit and it seems like my incisions created a crease I never had before in my armpits. Will the crease disappear Or stay like that?

Transaxillary incision still looks abnormal.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, you have at least six months post surgery to see changes in your incision. You can apply coconut oil and rosehip oil.

Transaxillary Scar Concerns

Thank you for your question and photo. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon and ask about massage and silicone gel to help lighten and soften your scar. It will take a year or more for your scar to mature so it is still early and you may have a bit of tension/inflammation causing the crease which could soften.

All the best

Trans axillary scars are visible

Unfortunately it is hard to hide an incision in the armpit when it creases. At one month you still are early so allow a full 9-12 months for final healing.  I prefer not to use an armpit incision as you are more likely to see that incision at the pool or at the gym than if an inframammary incision or areolar incision is used for breast augmentation. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Transaxillary breast augmentation incision still looks abnormal.

You are still early in recovery and scars take at least 2 years to mature.  However if your scar is retracted and discomforting see your plastic surgeon and asked if deep massage may help reduce discomfort and contraction.

It takes about a year for scars to totally heal

Thanks for the great question and the photos. Scars typically take a lot longer than people expect to heal and mature. At just one month you are still early in the process. At about 3-6 months the scars may be darker in color and then they will start to fade. If you have concerns about your scars, I would bring them up to your surgeon at your next appointment. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber