2 weeks post breast augmentation and it is tight when I lift my arms to the air. Skin also looks sucked in. (photos)

2 weeks post breast augmentation and it is tight when I lift my arms to the air. It also looks as if my stitches are being sucked in when I lift my arms.. Will armpits go back to looking flat and normal?

2 weeks post breast augmentation and it is tight when I lift my arms to the air. Skin also looks sucked in.

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that the incisions are retracted.  This early in recovery massage hopefully will correct this problem.  Of course see her plastic surgeon for an examination, diagnosis  and recommendation.  Do not follow Internet advice.

2 weeks post breast augmentation and it is tight when I lift my arms to the air.

Thank  you for your question. At two weeks post op its still very early in your healing time. It is normal to feel the tightness when you lift your arms. This will go away within the next weeks. So just give it time and if you have any concerns, get in touch with your surgeon.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD