I got juvederm injections in my smile lines and it's causing unflattering lumpy areas where I now smile...What can I do? (photo)

Juvederm and Lumps

If there is too much product placed causing lumps you should have it removed with Vitrase.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lump after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. 

When was your filler placed? Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. Gentle massage may help. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Unwanted Fullness After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry to hear that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Gentle massage can help to soften the area.  You will see your final result 2 weeks after the procedure.  If you continue to have any concerns after 2 weeks, I would advise you to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes! 

Juvederm causes lumps when smiling

If the Juvederm is injected too superficially, it can be visible with smiling. If this is the case, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve the filler. I use cannulas which places the filler deeper in the skin and leads to less problems like this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm in face

Sometimes lumps can develop from injection. This can be filler product or small hematoma from injection. If it is filler, they often can be smoothed in the first few days with gentle massage.

Juvederm

Thank you for sharing your case and photo.  How long ago were you treated?  You may be able to apply pressure to the area to help flatten it out.  Otherwise, Juvederm can be dissolved with an enzyme injection in the office.  Make sure that your doctor is aware of your concerns. Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon