I'm considering liposuction of the abdomen. How can I overcome my nerves?

I am considering getting Liposuction on my abdomen and I am a little nervous. Help me please.

Nervous about liposuction to the abdomen - what helps?

In my experience, picking the right plastic surgeon can alleviate some of those nerves.  You should choose someone that has a lot of experience, pictures and happy patients.  That way, you feel as comfortable as possible in their hands.  Best of luck!

Nervous about surgery

It is very common to be nervous about having this type of procedure done.  I would start by researching some surgeons in your area whom you would like to have a consultation with.  I would recommend a board certified plastic surgeon.  During your consultation have some questions ready about the concepts that are making you nervous.  Your surgeon can explain the surgery, its risks and benefits, and what you can expect before, during, and after surgery.  This knowledge will hopefully alleviate some of your anxiety.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Nervousness in anticipation of liposuction.

Liposuction is a completely unnecessary operation. In the hands of a competent surgeon it's exceptionally safe. Some anxiety is anticipated but certainly not panic. Choose a good surgeon and he should allay your fears.

Nervous about liposuction

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• Your best help with your nervousness is to have confidence in your surgeon.
  • Liposuction is a very safe procedure - as long as it is done in an accredited surgery center within safe limits.
  • If you haven't found a surgeon yet, get several consultations and select the surgeon with whom you feel most at ease.
  • At times, people need a mild sedative for a few days before surgery.
  • Stretching, deep breathing, staying busy and vigorous physical activity are common ways for people to release tension and feel less nervous.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction of the Abdomen

Hello. In general, liposuction is performed in a safe manner. You can discuss the risks and benefits with your surgeon in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not you should have this procedure. If you are still nervous, then you do not have to do it.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Scared of liposuction

It's only human to be scared of surgery.  Only a fool would go into surgery without careful consideration. here are the steps you should take:
  • find a surgeon who is credentialed and reputable. RealSelf is a great place to start your research.
  • Have an in person consultation
  • Make sure the surgeon and their team LISTEN and understand your goals
  • Ask if you're a good candidate. No sense having surgery if you're not. 
  • If you decide to go through, make sure your surgeon is operating in a state certified facility. Safety is important. Major surey shouldn't be happening in a hotel room or in someone's basement. 

Hello. Thanks for your inquiry. We would encourage you to take advantage of a free consultation and we answer all of your questions to help with any nerves. This always seems to help  good luck dr Lalla jersey city nj 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

It is normal to be nervous before surgery.  Liposuction is a very popular procedure that is very safe. Best of luck.

Those nerves...

Hello and thanks for the question. Congrats on you decision for enhancement surgery. You should focus on the amazing outcome of your surgery and your new look. See a BCPS and do your research on the practice. If your deemed a candidate enjoy your journey. 

To to your health and your beauty

Dr. Burnett

Preop nerves

This is a great question. I always say that if the patient isn't nervous, then I should be! First, try to identify what is worrying you--the anesthesia, postop pain, the potential result, what others will say, physician credentials or personality?  From there, you and your surgeon can discuss precisely that issue.