Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation? (Photos)

Hi! I am 22 years old, 112 lbs, 5 ft 2 in, with size 32B breasts. They are quite asymmetrical, and it is much more apparent in pics. I will include pictures of my breasts and also some wish pics, please let me know what you would recommend for me to achieve my goals (i.e what type of implant, silicone, gummy bear, smooth, textured, round, shaped. And maybe suggestions on how many cc's you think I might need) I would like to have some reference points for when I schedule my first consultation.

Asymmetric Augmentation

The goal of breast augmentation is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. During a breast augmentation, a precise pocket can be made for each of the implants to sit. The size, shape, and position of these pockets are often based on the patient’s anatomy and the type and size of the implant, and patient preferences. In addition, most patients, such as you, have concerns about asymmetries in breast shape, breast size, or nipple position. To combat these issues, an asymmetric augmentation (different sized implant in each breast) and or modifications to the breast pocket (such as lowering the fold) are often recommended. These are big movements with many moving parts that coalesce to produce the aesthetic shape of the breasts as they heal. That being said, most breast augmentations are performed using a smooth round silicone gel implant placed in a sub-muscular or dual plane pocket - this surgery provides the most reliably naturally augmented look for most patients. From your pictures an implant in the mid 350 range for the right and 450 range for the left would get you close to your goal. A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional computer simulations can help guide your implant choices. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Yes you are! In my practice i recommend using - Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover.
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Asymmetry?

Michelle First off, your breasts are very pretty and a lovely shape with only slight asymmetry. Your breast augmentation goal should be to increase the size without changing the pretty shape. That means implants that are not overly large, which can distort the shape of your breasts. I prefer silicone implants, and traditional round smooth should be all you need. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Am I a candidate for breast augmentation

Based on your pictures, you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation. It is very common to have asymmetry between right and left breast, during the consultation it can be determined wether you will benefit from putting different size implant in each breast to even them out. Itis difficult to give recommendation for size of implants without doing any chest measurements.  Most plastic surgeons doing consultation will give you an opportunity to try out different size implants in the sizing bra to give you an idea about the post operative look . Please see  board certified plastic surgeons in your area for an in person exam. Good luck! 

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

All breasts are different left to right before and after any surgery, especially without a bra. A larger implant can be placed on the smaller side for better symmetry. Usually, smooth round gels are recommended - extra high profile or higher filled gels may be a good option.Size and style would be tailored to you during an exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon, allowing you to discuss your options and expectations. 

Breast Augmentation

Hello,Thank you for your question and photos. Aside from some asymmetry which could be taken into account during sizing, you are starting from a good place and should expect nice results with breast augmentation. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon for your consultation.
All the best

Yes, you are a great candidate for breast augmentation. I would recommend using two different sized implants to address your asymmetry.  I would also recommend silicone, under the muscle placement of your implants.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

You are a great candidate!

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation. Your goals are very reasonable and easily achieved.   I would suggest to in a smooth brown silicone gel implants in a dual plane position, however it is still possible achieve those results using other types of implant such a ceiling or gummy bears. But you really have to do is sit down  and have a full conversation with the plastic surgeon will tell you the pros and cons of each. Then you can make informed decision for yourself on what works for you. As for the implant size. That really depends on your specific body measurements.  Using 3D Digital simulation like Vectra  we can now simulate different implant sizes and how they would look in your body so you can choose the right implant custom fit for you. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?

First you have a very pretty normally shaped breasts and should think long and hard about having breast augmentation surgery.Understand that 88% of women have asymmetrical breasts and in 53% the difference is in size.  This means that your very normal.Your starting out with very nicely shaped breasts and it is important that if you do have breast implant surgery pupal shape of her breast is not changed.If you do decide to have surgery the best and safest option is to have breast implants placed beneath the chest muscle using a dual plane breast augmentation through an inframammary crease incision using a no touch technique and the Keller final as well as antibiotic irrigation.A slightly larger implant can be placed on the smaller side to attempt to improve symmetry.My sincerest recommendation to you is that if you decide to have surgery do not have implants that are too large.  Breast implants in the 250-300 cc size range are much more likely to look normal and be at less risk for complications.please consult at least 2 very experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have excellent reputations and very good reviews on Real self.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  This can be performed with minimal scarring if good technique is used.  The implant size is based on your desired final size and your chest measurements.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD