BA scheduled 4 September 13th. Can I go ahead if I'm on my period?

My BA is tomorrow(Sept. 13th). My period started 2 days ago. Does that effect anything? Does it matter if I'm on my period 4 surgery?

Menstruation and Surgery

No worries.  You may proceed with your breast augmentation, just advise the nurses about it.  This is a relatively short procedure, so they may or may not have you remove your tampon and replace with a pad.  I often get this question from patients and it is a good question.  Best of luck with your surgery and enjoy the new you!

It will be fine to proceed with your Breast Augmentation surgery, always inform the nursing staff or whomever is pre-oping you, just in case their policy is you to wear a pad instead of a tampon, or maybe nothing at all during the actual procedure. While a breast augmentation itself, is not that lengthy, the concern is a tampon that is left in for too long can result in a rare, but life-threating complication known as TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome). Hope this help, Best of Luck.

Should be fine

Thank you for posting your question as this is a common question that we get quite often. You should be fine to have your breast augmentation as planned, just inform your surgeon the day of your procedure and you will be fine. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Not a problem

There is no specific reason to postpone your surgical procedure because of your cycle.  This is a common occurrence.

Having your period at the time of surgery should not pose any problems for you procedure. Let your surgeon know this information.

Menstruation during your surgery

Good question! There is no issue with you being on your period before, during or after surgery. Be sure to advise your plastic surgeon however. Best of luck!

Menstruation during surgery

This should not be an issue and will not interfere with your surgery.  Good luck with your procedure!

Camille Cash, MD

BA while on period

The start of your menstrual cycle is not a contraindication to proceeding as scheduled.  This is not an unusual occurrence.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Menstrual cycle and breast surgery

Thank you for your question. Your periods will not affect your surgery but please let your surgeon know. Your outcome should fine. Good luck

BA and period

It should not be a problem to perform a breast augmentation if you have your period. Best of luck with your surgery.