My Breast Augmentation is scheduled for September 13th. Any suggestions?

I want to make rice sizers to wear to make sure 415cc is going 2 be enough to meet my goal. How many cups of rice would equal 415cc?

Rice sizers

Use a measuring cup and spin it around to the metric side. cc's and ml's are the same. best of luck...

Making Rice Sizers

Rice sizers can give you an idea of the size/look you'll achieve. They are not accurate but helpful when trying to get used to increased breast size at home. I usually recommend that my patients subtract 20-25cc of volume when making sizers to account for the smaller appearance of implants after augmentation under the muscle. As well, be sure to remove air from the bag you place rice in as this can account for extra volume. for the purpose of sizers, measure cc=ml. If possible, ask your Plastic Surgeon if you can try on implant sizers in the office as they tend to look and feel better than rice.
All the best

Photos for advices

Thanks for the question. In this regard I recommend you to Send your photos to give you the advices you need and want. Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Sizers with rice

• Using rice is a good way of estimating your implant appearance in a bra.  415cc is the same as 415 ml.  A cup used for baking is 250 ml or 250 cc. The other option is to use sizers at your surgeons office.  Make sure that they have photos of your goals to give you the best result.  Hopefully they will have sizers in the OR so they can match your goals as closely as possible.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Implant size

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rice test

Since 1 ounce of rice equals 30 mL of breast volume, you will need about 14 ounces of rice to make a 415 mL implant replica. Place this rice in an old pair of pantyhose leaving enough room for the rice to be flattened and place over the breast, tied at both ends. With that over your existing breast it will best replicate what a 415 mL implant under the breast would accomplish. Hope this is helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Hopefully her plastic surgeon has breast implants sizers which can be placed into a sports bra to give you an idea of how you're chosen implant size may look.
The Rice test is also a good method.  Please read the length below  to find out the formula on how many cups of Rice it takes to mimic a particular cc breast implant size:

BA rice sizers

Thank you for your question.I would contact your surgeon and try an actual 415cc implant in a sports bra or tank top with a built in bra. This is a more accurate indicator than the rice sizers. Your doctor’s office should have implants available for you to test out different sizes. At my practice, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry about cc's, worry about what you look like!

Hi lillori225, We have our breast augmentation patients use The Rice Test as well. It's not accurate as far as direct correlation to cc's (volume amount) in an implant once it's implanted in your body, but based on the amount you like, its very helpful in translating that to an implant size on my end. The whole point of this test is not for you to determine how many cc's you want, it's simply to know how much volume gives you a look that makes you happy. It is a close approximation to what you think looks good for you – on your body, with your clothes.This lets us both know what your expectation is, then let me worry about translating it to an implant size! You can google how to best do the rice test, but you basically do this by making a rice stocking implant that you can vary in size and “try on” to give you an appreciation of what you look like in that size. Since most people know what too big is but not what is big enough, we recommend this process to help you better decide if what the right size is for you. Wearing these Rice Test sizers, try at least four to five different outfits, including a form fitting t-shirt and dress clothes. Add or remove rice by ¼ cup of rice at a time until you reach the desired size;If you are undecided and like what you see in the mirror but feel it may be too big, then take a photo of yourself in this size and a smaller size. Compare the photos until you decide which one you think you look best in.You can also wear the rice patties out and about, this way you get the opportunity to examine yourself in mirrors or store windows, as well as see how people respond to your changed body image. Once you are comfortable with how you look, you just bring your rice patties to your pre-op.We get the final measurements of rice inside! Good luck! Be concerned with your final look, not numbers!

William Aiello, MD

Breast Sizers

Thank you for your question, the best way to be sure if the 415cc implant will reach your goal, is to contact your plastic surgeons office so you can try on the 415cc sizers with them. The rice sizers are not going to be as accurate.Best of luck.