What chemical peel is good for Hyperpigmentation, Acne Scars, Dark Spot & Blackheads ?

Chemical Peels for Acne scars, Blackheads, and Hyperpigmentation

Chemical peels are uniquely effective at treating blackheads and hyper pigmentation together.  It is essential that the correct skin care regimen is used in conjunction with these peels which I review in my office.  When patients don't want any peeling I often recommend Permea - which is a mini-Fraxel with no down time.  Acne scars typically require other methods such as Fraxel, eMatrix, or micro needling.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these procedures for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Chemical peels for hyperpigmentation, acne scars and blackheads

VI Peel is safe for all skin types and generally helps most patients with their pigmentation issues, dark spots and can improve the appearance of acne scars.  Multiple treatments are required for the typical patient and in most cases the acne scars appear less noticeable and the hyperpigmentation has an overall improvement.

Scars are by their very nature scars but chemical peels can help make them appear less obvious and usually improve the overall texture, tone and smoothness of the skin.  

We use a team approach to care for our patients and have them meet with our medical aesthetician who makes recommendations on pre and post care.  Downtime is different for everyone.  

In addition, Micro-needling is another option to consider.

I recommend a consultation in person to discuss treatment options uniquely suited for your skin.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Chemical peel for acne scars, dark spot, hyperpigmentation and blackheads

A medium peel in which the physician uses glycolic acid followed by trichloracetic acid and dry ice will help with many types of acne scars
However,  your scars need to be evaluated to make that choice.
Also, subscissions and microneedling with or without PRP may also help if needed. Some scars can be treated with medical grade silicone or punch grafted.  Each case is different and every patient must be treated as an individual.
I do weaker TCA or glycolic  acid peels for hyperpigmentaion and dark spots in addition to
prescribing bleaching or lightening creams.
With respect to blackheads I would investigate the cause and try to eliminate it. I would also prescibe tretinoin or another topical  retinoid
and perhaps salicylic acid and comedone extraction.
I hope that you find  this information useful
I wish you luck.