My post bbl garment is rubbing the crack of my butt and I'm scared it's causing a severe ulcer. How can I treat this? (Photo)

Ok I'm 4 weeks post-op bbl. My post bbl garment is starting to rub sores in my butt crack. It's very painful and no matter how many times I wrap my garment I feel like it's not helping. What do I need to do? I feel like it's infected and causing ulcers. I put neosporin on it a few times a day. I'm supposed to wear my garment 24h a day and only take it off at shower time, but I've been having to take it off because the garment is killing my crack... Please help!

BBL & Garment

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon.  He/she is your best resource and also knows your specific procedure.Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Garment wound

Hi and thanks for the question and photo,

I would recommend covering the area of irritation with Vaseline and a simple covering to prevent it from getting worse.  I would be sure to follow-up with your plastic surgeon about this as there may be other garment options for you.

Robin Evans, MD, FRCSC
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Skin problems after BBL

This is something you should bring up with your plastic surgeon. I suggest you make a follow up appointment and have him or her take a look at you. Best of luck, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Irritation from garment

Thank you for your question and photo. It does appear that you have some skin breakdown in that area. It is important to try to keep that area covered. Perhaps some neosporin and a large bandaid to prevent the garment from rubbing. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon so they may evaluate it in person. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

My post bbl garment is rubbing the crack of my butt......

Thank you for sharing your photo. Post-op garments are very important but you should get a different kind of garment, one that doesn't rub against your skin in that area. Keep using Neosporin on it. It doesnt seem to be infected yet and the neosporin while help avoid infection.Best of luck on finding the correct garment for you.Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD