How much does labiaplasty cost generally in the St. Louis area?

I want my majora to be liposuctioned, clitoral hood reduction, and minora reducation. Thank you in advance.

St. Louis or anywhere doesn't have a fixed price for labiaplasty. This is what you should know:

Five Things a Saavy Cosmetic Gynecology Consumer Should Know About Pricing & Fees

Saavy consumers of cosmetic gynecology need to factor in the costs of everything that goes into the final tally.

First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead.

Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask.

Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc).

Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery.

Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech.

The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources.

In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist.

Other considerations:

Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask...

Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

Have fun shopping!

How much does labiaplasty cost generally in the St Louis area?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Costs will vary across the US and the best decision would be to see a number of labiaplasty surgeons in your area for appropriate pricing.  In general you can assume a range of 4500 to over 8K for a labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction and labia majora reduction.  Hope this helps.

Labiaplasty

The cost varies depending on geographic location and the surgeon. The most accurate way to find this information out is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and have an estimate written up for you. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost is between $4,000 and $5,000 and many offices also offer payment plans such as CareCredit so this is something to consider asking about during your consultation.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
 Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Cost of labiaplasty plus...

Hello Kyleigh,

You seem to know what you want and need, but you should still be seen by an expert cosmetic vaginal surgeon to get a specific estimate/proposal for your individualized Intimate Makeover®.

Prices vary across the nation depending on the city, experience and demand of your surgeon, and complexity of your vulva. Here in Denver there are some surgeons who'll "do it" for $2,000 but I end up revising a fair share of those. You shouldn't base your decision on price/cost alone, but also take into consideration the specialization and experience of your surgeon. Below is a link with information on choosing the best surgeon for you. Be sure to look at their photo gallery and patient reviews.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty Cost

Thank you for your question. The cost for a labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction and labia majora reduction is dependent upon the amount of surgery necessary as well as the region of the country that the surgery is performed.  One of the other surgeons stated a cost ranging from $4500 to over $8000.  However, the cost in other parts of the country such as Cleveland, Ohio tends to be less than this price range noted.  You may wish to consider traveling, as many other patients do, to other parts of the country to experienced cosmetic genital surgeons to have your surgery performed in order to reduce your cost.   Best of luck.   

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist