I want more of a lift. (photo)

The facelifts of today are not the facelifts of your mother's generation. New techniques such as the SMAS technique which is what I use on my patients deliver completely natural looking results. My best advise would be for you to schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss options. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift technique results in a younger and natural, but not "done," look. The surgery is done in a deeper plane which results in a full-thickness skin and subcutaneous tissue flap, which is redraped and elevated vertically over a repositioned SMAS layer. This avoids the "windswept" effect of pulling back too severely only the top layers of soft tissue.

I want more of a lift

Thank you for your question.  Spider Web Aesthetics is a different and newly developed skin tightening and rejuvenating technique by Plastic Surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. This technique is inspired from the spider web, the strongest and the most elegant structure of the nature. This newly developed technique is now being used as an alternative method of facelift surgeries in more simple and safe way with effective results. Besides; unlike lifting surgeries, patients can put on make-up and return daily activities just after the procedure. This safe technique can also be performed on any parts of the skin where needed; the neck, arms, breast, buttocks and inner thighs. It is performed by placement of polydioxanone sutures to subcutaneous tissue via thin needles and knitting them together under the skin. Tissue reaction occurred against these sutures which were knitted just like the spider web results in collagen production with the help of fibroblasts and growth factors. Collagens surround the sutures and create a natural web structure. The main reasons of the skin sagging is that the loss of elasticity due to deformation of collagen and elastin fibers. In the Spider Web Aesthetics, it is aimed to restore these collagen and elastin fibers with the help of skin tissue itself. Since these fibers are replaced by the body itself with the help of polydioxanone sutures; the results are very natural that no one can understand the patient had an aesthetic procedure.

Concept Facelift under Local Anaesthetic t

Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.

My patients opt to have my Concept Facelift this cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime.

For those who have excess fat under the chin but still have good muscle tone and skin, liposuction of the neck will be sufficient. If the skin has lost elasticity, removal of excess skin (Neck Lift Surgery) to tighten and tone the neck will also be required.

Tightening of the platysma muscle (also known as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscles on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches. The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck and are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result. 

Please understand which areas are your main concern to ensure creating the best results for you

All The Best 

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Candidate?

To understand your options, consult in person with three experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons. A surgeon would need to balance what was done, what your initial objective was, and your goals/objectives with additional procedures.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

The best way to guide you will be to know what you've had done in the past and how long ago. Before and after pictures do help if you've already had a facelift. Everyone's facial aging patterns are unique. In many cases, the plan is to re-establish balance to the face, whether that means adding volume, improving the skin, or tightening muscles. You can't go wrong by having an in person consultation with a facial plastic surgeon. This should hopefully guide you in the right direction. 

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

More volume

So if you have recently had a face lift, now is not the time to be thinking about another one. 

For me, the fact that you are half smiling in the picture really helps. I suspect that what would work for you is a little more volume at the cheek tear trough junction giving you full high apple cheeks. This will certainly freshen up the effect you have and could easily be the whole answer> Fat or filler can do this as an outpatient procedure. Go back to your surgeon though as they, I am sure, will want to get you the result you want. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

To determine what is best or to give any advise i would need to see more pre and post op photos. A consult in person would be helpful. You are always welcome in Montreal. Regards,

Be realisric about what can and cannot be done

Seeing a post op picture and no pre op photo is almost of no value.    Wait until you are one year from treatment and evaluate with your surgeon.   It is possible that there is no further surgery possible.    My Best,  Dr Commons

In order to answer your question, I would need more information.  Have you had previous surgery?  Any previous treatments?  What areas are you looking to lift?  Based on what I can see in the photos, you have many options and I would recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon to discuss further.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon