What is the difference even between a breast augmentation and implants?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. A breast augmentation will replace or enhance volume in the breasts.  A breast lift will reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question. Enhance the size of breast with the help of implants or fat grafting  is breast augmentation. It is just a different wording.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Having implants placed in your breasts that makes them look bigger it´s whats called a breast augmentation. It is just a formal language used for this procedure. Hope this helps. 

What is the difference even between a breast augmentation and implants

It is confusing as people use the terms interchangeably but the augmentation is done with implants in most cases. They only way you can have an augmentation is to have it done with fat injections.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation vs. Breast Implants

Breast Augmentation is simply the formal name for the surgery to place breast implants. The terms are often used interchangeably.  

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Difference between breast augmentation and breast implants

Thank you for your question.There can be some confusion as some people use the term interchangeably (e.g., I got breast implants vs. I got a breast augmentation).Breast augmentation is the surgical procedure that enhances the size of the breasts. Breast implants are silicone-based products that are used to increase the size of the breasts in a breast augmentation procedure.However, some surgeons also offer fat-based breast augmentation as it is a natural option, however, that has limits to how much it can increase the breast size.  Hope this clarifies the difference.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thank you for sharing your question.  Breast augmentation is the name given to the surgical procedure for placement of implants to increase a woman's breast size.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for the question.Breast augmentation is the procedure performed to increase breast size and breast implants are the product used during the procedure. My best advise to patients  considering the procedure: careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals. Best wishes.

Same process

Breast augmentation is the surgery procedure of placing breast implants in the breast to enhance size and create symmetry.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

Breast Augmentation describes a surgical procedure to enlarge the breasts either with breast Implants or fat grafting.
All the best