When will I see definition in my nasal tip?!?

I had alarplasty and 'tip plasty' about a month ago, along with a small shot of steroid injection in my tip. The alarplasty went seemingly well and I see the results...although, some days my nose/even alar, looks more swollen than other days and some days my nose looks really good and somewhat 'defined (this scares me...I feel like for some reason my alar base will grow back because I dont like how it sometimes looks 'fatter' and/or closer to how it looked before surgery. When will I see it?!

Revision Tip Work

Dear ariella314:

Thank you for your question!  Be patient.  It will take months to see the final result. In some instances with lots of grafts and refinement to the skin-soft tissue envelope up to 18 months Follow up with your plastic surgeon so he can monitor your progress. Some times an additional steroid injection is necessary. Nasal molding exercises and nighttime taping may also help. Please talk to your surgeon! Hope this helps and Happy Thanksgiving!

Have patience.  It could take weeks to months to see the final result.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD