2 weeks out of tummy tuck my belly button is oozing smelly puss, have fever. What do I do to limit any problems? (Photo)

my belly button is now oozing and there is an order with it it's not too red but looks like there is puss. I have a low grade fever and it is just slightly tender around the area ( nothing major). I have called my dr exchange 2 times just to see if I should clean it with something or if I need antibiotics or if I should wait until Monday or Wednesday when I am scheduled to see him. Just looking for what to do until Monday I suppose because I don't want to bother my dr by calling the exchange again

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

2 weeks out of tummy tuck my belly button is oozing smelly puss, have fever. What do I do to limit any problems?

Thank you for sharing your photograph.  It appears that you have a superficial separation of your belly button incision that is causing some early fibrinous tissue (the yellow stuff) to develop in the wound.  This will typically heal spontaneously from the inside out and you can care for it by applying a clean bandage or gauze over the top.  You should definitely reach out to your surgeons office in order to discuss your issues so that they can offer you definite wound care advice.  Hope this helps. 

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Post op

You are not bothering your doctor by calling him or her.  You have some delayed healing at your belly button which can certainly occur.  You are doing right by calling your surgeon.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon