Surgeon remove lymph nodes? My legs swell after 4 years. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent the swelling?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 1
Thigh lift - now ankles swell in evening
Thank you for asking about your thight lift.
- I am sorry your legs are still swelling -
- It can be difficult to determine why.
- I doubt that your surgeon removed any lymph nodes.
- But if you are still overweight, there may be excess pressure on the lower leg.
- Having once been heavy, your blood vessels are permanently larger - and may cause more swelling.
- Or there may be reasons unrelated to your surgery - such as poor vein valves in the lower leg.
- I suggest you see your plastic surgeon to discuss studies of your veins and lymphatic system to see if a cause can be identified.
- Or you can keep it simple by wearing knee high support hose during the day.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.