I would like to know if I would be a good candidate for a Mini Tummy tuck and liposuction? (photos)

I live in the Cayman Islands how many days would it take after the surgery until I can fly home. What is the cost of a mini tummy tuck?

I would like to know if I would be a good candidate for a Mini Tummy tuck and liposuction?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs,  you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you a mini tuck operation.     

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results.   When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Tummy Tuck

Hi Acrojoy,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck/liposuction

You are great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen, and liposuction all around,please consult with a board certified PS. best of luck!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You a good candidate for a full Tummy Tuck with lipo all around. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit most from a Full Tummy Tuck with Liposuction to your hips and back.Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.
For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini tuck

You would probably do well with liposuction to your upper abdomen and a minituck, but will get your tightest abdomen with a full tummy tuck. I request that my patients not fly for 30 days to minimize the risks of swelling and blood clots.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a mini or a full tummy tuck

Thanks for the question.  I would definitely think that a full tummy tuck would be the best procedure for you.  You would appear to require muscle placating and full abdominal skin excision.  Limited liposuctioning would be possible.  The cost would vary depending on  extent of the surgery required.  I would always check with the Plastic Surgeon that you may choose to go to.  A full examination would certainly be required.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Most out of town patients stay 10 days after surgery.  Cost varies based on geographic area and surgeon expertise.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD