Wondering if any kind of lipo is worth it. Worried if there might be loose skin. (photos)

I clearly understand that any form of liposuction is not for weight loss. That being said, I just wanna lose the tummy area. Im a tall guy and decently proportioned, minus the tummy area. Wondering if I am a candidate for lipo? Also wondering if there would be any loose skin? Would love to hear from the doctors and from other male experiences.

Wondering if any kind of lipo is worth it. Worried if there might be loose skin.

Thanks for your question and photographs.  Though I think you would benefit from liposuction I have little doubt that the loose skin that you have will remain present.  For most men being smaller in girth makes the procedure worthwhile, but if you would be dissatisfied without tight flat skin on your abdominal wall you would need to consider abdominoplasty or a tummy tuck procedure.  After doing your online research meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.  There are several photos of male abdominal liposuction on my website that you might find enlightening.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

From your photos, it appears that you would be a candidate for liposuction. Of course in person examination is used to determine whether you would benefit from surgical removal of excess skin (tummy tuck). Make sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon when considering liposuction or a tummy tuck surgery. 

Loose skin after liposuction?

Thank you for your question. With any liposuction procedure we're relying on the skin to retract once the fat is removed. The elastic recoil of the skin varies by location, patient age, and the overall quality of the skin. We make an estimate for each individual patient based upon our pre-operative examination. As with any procedure, it is essential that patients have an understanding of the limitations of the procedure, as well as the potential risks & benefits. If aggressive fat removal of the abdomen and flanks is performed, I prepare all of my patients for the possibility that a tummy tuck may be required if the liposuction results in excess skin laxity. I would discuss this at length with an experienced plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck to you.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Liposuction of Abdomen

I would be very careful of anyone saying that some hi tech device or fancily named procedure can 'tone' or 'tighten' skin. You  are a good candidate for liposuction, and your results would be proportional to the surgeon's experience and skill, and not affected by the machine used. Without an examination, it would be difficult to say if there will be skin laxity. If that is determined, then you are better off with a skin tightening procedure, like an abdominoplasty. There is no reason to use fat grafts; what would benefit you is fat removal.  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Abdominal liposuction for male patients #plasticsurgery

Tumscent liposuction of the abdomen and waist will help rid some of the excess fat that you have - men (and some women) have intra-abdominal (visceral fat) that can impact their post operative liposuction appearance. Weight loss can help with visceral fat loss.

Liposuction might be a good option for you but you will need to see a surgeon for an exam to determine the quality of your skin before anyone can tell you if loose skin would be a problem with the procedure. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Absolutely Worth-It Abs ; VASER HI DEF MALE CONTOURING with Tummy Tuck

VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body, giving you athletic definition and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning. Often skin removal is needed at the same time.  I suggest you see an expert for treatment who does a significant amount of male 4D liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.