is it okay to wear a corset-type waist trainer 6 weeks after a tummy tuck?

Waist cinchers are used

routinely in my post-op tummy tuck patients.  And if you wish to wear it beyond the mandatory 6 weeks, that would be fine.

Wearing a corset after tummy tuck

At six weeks it should be perfectly safe to wear this type of a corset. This is assuming you have had a standard type tummy tuck without any special or unusual added procedures. To be absolutely safe you should therefore clear this with your surgeon. 

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Corset after tummy tuck

I allow my patients who are fully healed to wear anything they like at 6 weeks.  This sounds like an ideal question for your surgeon.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Is it okay to wear a corset-type waist trainer 6 weeks after a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question. At six weeks my patients have no restrictions, but it's important for you to direct this question to your surgeon. Only your surgeon is familiar with your medical history and the surgery that he/she performed.Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Corset After Tummy Tuck

Six weeks after a Tummy Tuck I have usually given my Tummy Tuck patients their bodies back to do whatever they like. As long as you are fully healed, you should be able to wear what you like. In your case, however, I do not know what type of Abdominoplasty or recovery you have had, so I recommend you ask your plastic surgeon to be safe. Do be careful about clothing that is too tight, especially on the lower abdomen which usually remains numb. This area can get rubbed raw, without any pain, so be sure to check it visually. Congratulations on you belly makeover, and best of luck to you.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for their patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon