Updated information regarding the best fillers for under eye tear hollows.

All the information appears to be somewhat outdated or maybe nothing has changed. I recently received Restalyne to fill in my cheeks. I still need a bit more fillers in my cheek area and would look much better without the under eye tear hollows. At this point I am reluctant to use fat transfer as there appears to be a number of issues and is a surgical procedure. At this point in my life I prefer to avoid any procedure that requires anesthesia, general or local.

Restylane under the eyes

Thank you for your question Calgirl47. A variety of fillers can be used to enhance various parts of the face. For the tear trough my preference is Restylane because it restores volume loss well without causing too much puffiness which is not desirable under the eyes. Most people enjoy their results for about six months. I find that Voluma provides a better result and lasts longer than other fillers on the cheeks. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Tear Troughs

Restylane is still the best filler for treating under eye hollows... Be sure to go to an experienced injector for this treatment.   Hope this helps.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Tear trough fillers

If there is hollowing/loss of fat in that area, sometimes a filler can reflect the light and cause a dark/bruised eye look. I would be cautious when using under eye fillers.

Norbert Collins, MD
Redlands Plastic Surgeon

Under eye hollows

You still may be candidate for under eye fillers which are done in the office. You should see an eyelid expert that specialized in eyelid injections and eyelid surgery. Best of luck,

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Fillers do best in this area when in combination with lasers, microneedling/prp.           Best, Dr. Emer.

Filling eye hollows

I think that Restylane  Silk, Restylane L and Belotero all do well in this area. Restylane L seems to last longer but in really thin skinned people the silk seems to inject softly and smoothly and it might be worth a little less longevity for them

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Best Filler For Under Eyes

The answer to your question will vary as each injector has their own personal preferences. More important is the skill of the injector as they will know which filler to choose that would give you the best results. My preference for the under eye area is Belotero or Restylane Silk. I also use a microcannula for this area to minimize the risks of swelling and bruising. Make sure you find an injector experienced in treating the under eye area for optimal results. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Filler for Under Eye Hollows

I prefer Restylane for injections under the eyes.  I have also used Belotero successfully in this area.  Injection technique is more important than the actual brand of filler.  I prefer to inject this area using a cannula instead of a needle which greatly reduces the risk for bruising or other side effects.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye hollows....

Thank you for your question.  The best fillers for under the eyes bar none are Restylane/Silk and Belotero Balance.  This can be a difficult and complex area to treat with many potential side effects so please see an experienced board certified Dermatologist/PS for your evaluation and treatment.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for the tear troughs

Thank you for asking your question. From my experience, the best filler for the lower eyelids is Resylane. It last longer than Belotero, causes less swelling than Juvederm in this part of the face and is less likely to cause the Tyndall effect (blue hue to skin). See an experienced doctor who specializes in this region.  Good luck,