Subcision for my scars? (photos)

Not sure what kind of treatment is best for my type of scars. I have an appointment in a few days with a dermatologist for subcision and a VI peel. Need advice

Acne Scarring -- Combinations with fillers (bellafill), Lasers (fraxel, Viva, intensif,co2/erbium), microneedling/PRP, subcision

I suggest you see an expert it appears lasers, microneedling, skin care will all be helpful with subcision and fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scars

Acne scars are treated differently depending on their appearance and structure. Sometime there is no actual scar at all, but just a dark spot from inflammation. These spots usually improve on their own if you protect them and keep them out of the sun. In the meantime, to control the inflammation and acne breakouts, topical retin-a cream with intermittent salicylic acid peels can dramatically improve your skin tone and frequency of breakouts. Once the acne is controlled and you continue to do have remaining scars due to permanent dermal injury from acne, a variety of treatments can be performed to remodel the scar from energy-based lasers and radiofrequency devices to mechanical disruption of the scar with microneedling. Deep wide scars can be released and filled in with subcision and fillers and ice-pick (thin, deep) scars are best treated by excising them completely. Your scars on your photo do not seem to be very deep or ice-pick type. Microneedling could be a good option for you. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician