Seeking recommendations for doctors in Bay Area for a lower face lift. (photos)

My skin has been thinning more rapidly from taking a low dose of prednisone for many years. I was able to stop taking that a year ago. Though it can't be reversed, hopefully the accelerated aging will slow down to normal aging now. Six months ago I applied wax to my chin/neck to remove hairs, and overnight I had the beginning of a turkey neck. Hoping that a lower face lift will fix this. It seems the epidermis was torn from the dermis?

lower face and neck lift candidate

From the limited photographs, it appears that there is loose and inelastic skin in the neck which must be treated with a lower face and neck lift. Liposuction will not be required, since there does not appear to be excess fatty deposits in the neck.  For more information and many before-and-after examples of lower face neck lifts, please see the link and the video below

Loose Neck Skin

As you can see, the skin is thin and lax.  You may even have a platysma band that is present.  The best way to improve  your nect is by a neck lift or face lift.  I believe a lower face lift would be best looking at the last photo.  You will have a very nice result.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Lower facelifts in SF

Assuming that the last photo is what you look like currently, there are no non-surgical options that even come close to what a well performed lower facelift can offer. Only a dermatologist would be pushing non-surgical options to you becaues that's all they can offer. In most opinions, you would be very unhappy with those results because you have too much looseness and laxity to get anywhere great without surgery. Please go to the ASPS and ASAPS web sites suggested by Dr. Singer's answer and interview several of the excellent plastic surgon's in the Bay Area and find your best fit.

Recommendations for doctors in Bay Area for a lower face lift.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), jowls are present as well as excess skin below the chin.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Seeking recommendations for doctors in Bay Area for a lower face lift.

I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you can find through the "Smart Beauty Guide" of ASAPS. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Decelerating The Look of Aging

I know you asked about mini-lift recommendations, but there are alot of great non-invasive options for this: Botox works to tighten the muscles of the neck and jawline; fillers into the lateral neck and skin folds work great to fill out lines and give lift; radiofrequency treatments like sublative/viva, laser treatments fraxel/Clear and Brilliant/co2 help texture and tone as well as give lift; ultrasound (ultherapy) and deep radiofrequency (thermage, velashape, venus legacy) can help give tightening and lift. Don't let distance dissuade you, see an expert for best results. Best, Dr. Emer.